I live in a minuscule apartment. I like it that way. Hello, I’m a minimalist. I do have a lot of collections however, that make it difficult to organize in a “pleasing to the eye” style. Anyways, I’m in a shopping mood. This mood has lasted for the last couple months and I’ve *pat on the back* resisted any extravagant shopping sprees. My rule is, if I buy something I have to get rid of something to it’s equal. Example: if I buy a T-shirt, I have to sort through my drawers and get rid of a T-shirt. I need to do this with my collections, though it’s so hard to part with my many things.
- I collect a handful of FunkoPops (both Harry Potter and Orphan Black themed)…I swear I’m an adult.
- I have 2 ball joint dolls that I’ve seriously considered selling.
- Those little wooden figurines (I can’t remember the name of them), I have about 8.
- Mass amounts of yarn and many duplicates of crochet hooks and knitting needles.
- BOOKS. When I moved into this apartment I immediately went through every book I owned, so everything I have now is precious and I won’t part with any.
- And I feel I may be hoarding clothes a bit. I did purge a lot of my closet when I moved, but I still feel like I have a ton.
What’s really irritating is I can’t put any holes in the walls for shelving. I have a big bookcase with cubes that I store all this “stuff”. It just isn’t as organized as I’d like it to be.
Anyways, back to shopping. With this new “fashion/beauty” mind that has kind of enveloped me since the New Year, I’ve been wanting to check out Zara, TopShop, and H&M. All are somewhat in my price range. Plus I haven’t been actual clothes shopping in years…yes you read that right. So I’m thinking tomorrow (the start of my weekend) I will venture out to Westlake in Seattle.
Maybe I’ll post some of the stuff I buy…people do that right?