I woke up at 3am without reason, and it’s my day off. So, I just got up and made coffee while my cat, WillyBean, had kitty dreams. As he sat twitching and snorting I began reading my self-defense homework. (My mom bought me a 6 week self-defense course for Christmas) and then began reading Grace’s Style Book. I’m loving both things so far…cause ya know, I want to be beautiful AND kick ass. Which is totally possible. I’m hoping with the self-defense course will come a greater self confidence.
Anyways, back to my resolution…to take better care of myself. Things that I’ve been thinking of that need to happen:
- Brush my teeth every night and morning (yes, gross, but I have a hard time motivating myself once I’ve gotten in my pajamas to brush my teeth. I always do in the morning though…my dentist is going to hate me.) I bought floss yesterday too, so that’s a thing.
- Keep my apartment clean. It’s a mess with dishes and takeout boxes. Food is definitely my biggest mess right now. Which brings me to my next point:
- Eat more consciously. I have been eating out a TON because my brother is here to visit and we like to try all the vegan restaurants. When he isn’t here I resort to my little microwave. I’m too afraid to go to the group kitchen downstairs.
- Exercise. I need to start running again. I always have run with a goal in mind, whether it was to run a marathon or train for a certain event. I don’t have those goals any more…though I suppose I could set some.
- Shower every night. I swear I don’t smell guys. I’ve been a lot better at showing every night when I get home as a way to relax.
- Shave….yep. Shaving makes me feel sexy and I’m not ashamed to admit that…or well, I was until recently. I read Buffering (Hannah Hart’s new book) and she said something that stuck with me…this is not an exact quote…but she says it’s okay to be a feminist and/or lesbian who likes to shave. I’ve been so stuck in stereotypes or my ideas of what a “good/true” lesbian looks like. Honestly, it’s weird how many stereotypes have influenced my representation of myself. So yeah, didn’t mean to go off on that tangent. Shaving…good for me.
- Makeup and clothes. I think we’ve been over this.
So that’s what I’m working with. I’ve noticed I start a lot of my sentences with “so” *note to self: stop that, it’s annoying*. I’m going to try to dedicate each of these activities to a week or month. I need to get myself in a routine.