So I completely sucked at blogging while in New York. BUT it’s only because I was having so much fun and wanted to focus on the moment. Here are some highlights:
- I managed to fly on 4 different planes without taking an ounce of anxiety medication.
- Waitress the Musical was beautiful and brilliant and funny and just so many things!
- NY has tofu herb cream cheese bagels and they are everything.
- Went to the 9/11 memorial and whoa that was heavy. Couldn’t really even soak it all in because it terrifies me so much and I knew I had to get on a plane home in just a few days.
- I saw the real Starry Starry Night at MoMA as well as Monet’s Water Lillies.
- I spent most of my money at 3 separate H&Ms.
It was an absolutely wonderful trip. I sadly didn’t get to meet Sara Bareilles but that’s okay. The show was worth every penny and more. If you’ve ever been to a musical before you know that there is light clapping that happens between songs and maybe a couple of “woohoos”. This show was something epic. Literally everyone in the audience was there that night to see Sara Bareilles for her Broadway debut. Between songs the crowd would erupt into cheers, screams, and wild clapping. There were even a couple of standing ovations between sets. It was surreal. Also it’s weird, Sara Bareilles is a musician…I am a fan. Yet, I feel like a proud little sister or something (note: I believe she is younger than I am). Watching her write the music and then get to perform made me so happy for her and inspires me to go after big dreams. *sigh* just such a good time.
Also I want to add in here that I HAVE started vlogging for Vlog Everyday in April. I’d love it if some of you would check it out. It’s rough but you gotta start somewhere. Here is my last day in New York and the first day of VEDA. Head on over to my channel to subscribe. I’m looking for more vlogs to watch so shoot me your link if you’ve got one!
Epic thumbnail I know.
Back to your regularly scheduled program tomorrow!